AOP Accredited Photographer Exclusive Benefits
- Free, unlimited support from our dedicated Business & Legal team
- Our Business and Legal team also provide a debtor chase service
- Listing in our free online directory, Find a Photographer, with up to 4 galleries of 15 images each
- Opportunity for promotion via our social media, website, and newsletters
- Bespoke Professional Indemnity insurance media package provided through Williamson Carson, underwritten by Tokio Marine (cover up to £250,000 - UK & EU members only)
- Eligibility to enter the AOP Photography Awards
- NUJ Press Card (at an additional cost of £108)
- AOP Accredited Photographer member logo
- Free Buy/Sell advertisements on the AOP website
- Free Job Shop advertisements on the AOP website
- 10% off AOP Assisting Photographer membership for any assisting photographers working with you
- 10% off AOP Associate membership for any service providers, consistently working with you
- Voting rights - allows you to have a voice in the organisation's direction and attend the Annual General Meeting
- Eligibility to sit on the AOP Board of Directors
- All benefits of the Access membership (listed here),
All these benefits for just £410.00 p.a. (inc. VAT) or £34.50 per month for UK members
And if you're overseas, it's £262.00 p.a. (no VAT) or £22.00 per month
Agent-represented photographers are elgible for half-price membership, if their agent signs up 70% of their roster – full details.
Full-time/permanent lecturers teaching into our accredited courses, can join with a 70% discount, but do not receive full benefits – full details.
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria and Terms and Conditions of Membership
The minimum age for membership is 18.
To become an Accredited Photographer member, you must prove that your work meets the expectations of commercial buyers and professional commissioners of photography. To do this, you must send an email to email@example.com attaching the following:
- An application form, complete with your business name, website address, and years of experience.
- A portfolio of no more than 15 electronic examples of your work (size requirements can be found on the application form)
- No more than 2 supporting documents, showing you have worked with clients (a list of acceptable evidence can be found on the application form).
You are also expected to abide by the AOP Members' Charter and the AOP Code of Practice which you should read here before applying.
By joining, you commit to a minimum term of membership of 12 months. This will be renewed automatically on its anniversary unless you give one calendar month's notice in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE READ THE FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP HERE.
Fill in an application form today!
Don’t just take our word for it – read what AOP members have to say...
"I'm a big fan of the AOP. When I left college, all the photographers whose work I admired and aspired to were members, so joining was a no-brainer. Since then, I've benefitted in countless ways, from organising exhibitions to complex legal advice. Success in the Awards also provided a significant increase in the number and quality of my commissions. Given all the ongoing changes and developments in photography, having the support of the AOP has never been more essential" - George Logan
"The main reason for me, as an overseas member, to join the AOP was the Awards. I think its still the best Photography Award with the greatest work from the year - Its an honour to be chosen for the book and very exciting every year. Also a great opportunity to get your work seen by so many people" - Christian Schmidt