Benefits of accrediting your photography course:
- Recognition as one of the photography courses accepted for accreditation to the AOP
- Listing in our AOP Accredited Course directory, with a direct link to your home page and course information
- Free AOP Student membership, for all students attending your institution
- One free specialist copyright or introduction to business practice seminar from an AOP business and legal team member* – normally £420 (inc. VAT) for non-accredited courses
- Annual meeting for programme leaders and tutors
- 70% off a reduced version of the AOP Accredited Photographer membership for lecturers**
- Your first 3 copies of Beyond the Lens free Further copies can be bought at: up to 9 copies at £20 each, or more than 9 copies at £15 each
- Discounted copies of the AOP Photographers Awards Book, normally £30
- Tickets to the Photographers Awards event at members discount
All these benefits for just £566.40 p.a. (inc. VAT) worldwide.*A second talk during the academic year can be booked for only £150 plus expenses plus VAT.**does not include a 'Find A Photographer' profile, nor Professional Indemnity cover (up to £250,000). These benefits can be purchased for a fee of £78 (inc. VAT). You will need to apply with your institution email address. For more information contact the AOP office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria and Terms of Membership
Our accredited course membership is able to provide support and industry expertise to photography courses at BTEC, HND, FdA and Batchelor (BA/BSc) level or higher (such as MA), as long as the course can provide evidence that its content responds to the current demands in advertising, fashion and editorial photography.
Institutions must integrate substantial elements of our publication, Beyond the Lens, into the course teaching structure, usually as part of any Professional Practice/Professional Development (PDP) module(s).
To become an AOP Accredited Course, the instituion must:
- Hold a fair copyright policy as applicable to their students and not seek to take any IP from them.
- Demonstrate a satisfactory provision of lens-based and/or electronic imaging and who seek a stronger liaison and involvement with the professional photographic industry.
- Pass an approximately 3-4-hour assessment visit of the on-site facilities, including studios, digital suites, dark-rooms, and the library. We would also like to talk to current students and teaching staff on the course. Chargeable at £175.00 plus travel expenses.
By joining, you commit to a minimum term of membership of 12 months. This will be renewed automatically on its anniversary unless you give one calendar month's notice to the AOP, in writing to email@example.com. Membership will continue on a rolling basis until such time as you decide to cancel.
You also commit to abide by the AOP Members' Charter and Code of Practice, which can be found here.
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org