AOP Student is a web-based membership with all the benefits listed below.
By becoming an AOP Student you automatically become part of a wider community of students, assistants, photographers & photographers' agents.
We believe that to become a successful professional photographer working for commercial clients, you must demonstrate a special level of drive, initiative, business acumen and skill. Becoming a student member does not offer a fast-track to success (there isn't one) nor does it provide any guarantees as the industry you are hoping to enter is one of the toughest to break into. But - if you put the effort in, work hard and learn from your results, you are, at the very least, on the first rung of the ladder.
Open to all students studying at FE or HE
Benefits of becoming an AOP Student:
- A membership to one of the leading and most respected associations for those working in professional photography
- Access to numerous business and legal template documents and forms, which are only available to AOP members
- Access to many discounts with well-known industry suppliers
- Access to free PDF version of Beyond The Lens book, or £10 + p&p for a physical copy
- Discounted entry to the AOP Open and Student Awards
- Discounted entry to our Workshops and Events
- 12 months free AOP Access Membership upon graduation
- Exclusive Access membership introductory insurance policy*
- Fortnightly member-only e-newsletters
- Workshops & events at discounted rates
*Exclusive Student Membership Insurance policy provided through Williamson Carson and underwritten by Chubb. This introductory offer is ONLY £112.00 (£100.00 + £12 tax) - Reduced from £252.00 That's a saving of £140.00. Cover includes: Equipment £5,000 (cover in respect of loss, damage or destruction of photographic equipment) UK only (including 45 days overseas free of charge); Public liability £1,000,000; Employers liability £10,000,000.
- Membership is free until the end of your course if studying on an AOP-accredited course (all AOP-accredited courses are listed here). Accredited courses have been vetted and approved by the AOP as delivering a standard of education and training at a certain minimum level. For more info on the AOP accreditation process, go here
- £26 p.a. inc VAT, if not studying on an AOP-accredited course.
No voting rights.