The Association of Photographers is the UK’s leading organisation representing professional photographers working in the creative industries. Formed over 50 years ago, our 3,000-plus members include professional photographers, photographic assistants, students, accredited courses, affiliated companies, photography agents and those working in the image-making industry.
Who are our members?
The AOP is an excellent conduit for getting your company name in front of those who may be interested in your products or service.
Our professional Accredited Photographer members work in the creative industries throughout the world, most of them fall squarely within the AB demographic. As some of the top professionals in the business they invest in high-end kit from camera bodies, computer hardware and software, camera backs and lenses to lighting, bags, tripods, stands and everything in between. As the vast majority of our members are sole traders or SMEs, a lot of their time is spent ensuring their businesses run effectively and continue to grow.
Our Associate membership is made up of photographers for whom accreditation is not yet appropriate or sought, and other professionals providing related supporting services such as hair stylists, make-up artists, location scouts, producers, soound engineers and so on.
Our Assisting Photographer members are on their way up the ladder and work extremely hard to get to the top. Using the right equipment and learning the right skills to help them get to where they want to be is essential. As is getting to grips with tax, accurate accounting and insurance; all crucial to making a business successful.
Our Access members are either new to the industry or experienced profesionals who want to ensure that they are working to best industry standards via our wealth of resources and downloads.
Our Student members take advantage of all the equipment available to them whilst studying and are trying out as much kit as they can get their hands on to enable them to make informed choices and investments when they graduate.
We have a number of Accredited Courses at colleges and universities throughout the UK all of which use some of the latest technology to teach the professional photographers of tomorrow.
Affiliated Company membership offers your brand a major opportunity to be associated with a leading professional photography body as well as extensive exposure to top creatives in the business and the arts sectors.
There are a number of ways to make the most of your affiliation. The following list shows the basic package
- Joint marketing and promotional opportunities
- The opportunity to contribute content/offers in the form of news articles, offers, advice, information and events promotions for inclusion in the AOP e-newsletters; a fortnightly member-only Update, 3,000 plus subscribers; and a monthly non-member AOP Image Newsletter, 29,000 additional subscribers, 12,670 Twitter, 11,279 Facebook, 11,500 Instagram and 17,000 Linkedin followers
- Banner advert on AOP website, 11,000 unique visitors a moth
- Logo on every AOP Image newsletter, 29,000 contacts
- We will publish a Welcome message in both AOP newsletters after you become an affiliate
- The opportunity to send direct-email campaigns to our members, number as discussed, to advertise products, services, events or new equipment launches. Physical mailings available at extra cost.
- 2 complimentary copies of the AOP Awards book
- Tickets for the AOP Awards ceremony at member-discounted rates
- Company logo on the Affiliated Companies page of the Association's website, with a reciprocal link to your Company's website
- FREE AOP Job Shop postings to advertise any vacancies or opportunities you have to our network
- The opportunity to launch products, hold networking evenings or demonstrations at the AOP's premises or other suitable venues. We will promote these events to our membership and our experienced event staff will work with you in ensuring your event is a success. - Cost: POA
- AOP Affiliated Company logo
- Total cost for the above package is £1,050 p.a. + VAT
To join please download & complete the form below & email to: email@example.com