“ARE YOU GOOD ENOUGH?”
AOP Accredited Photographer Membership is only available to Professional Photographers. Applicants must pass a portfolio review in order to become eligible. If your application is successful, membership of the AOP offers many benefits including:
- Being eligible to enter the prestigious annual AOP Photography Awards
- Membership of the AOP private online professional photographers only forum; where high level technical, artistic and business discussions take place
- Access to Business and Legal advice from experienced advisers
- Free membership of the AOP online Find a Photographer portfolio area
- Discounts including 8% at the AOP Applestore and free Professional Indemnity cover (* terms apply please see below)
As an Accredited Photographer Member of the AOP your work must show a level and standard that:
- Meets the expectations of commercial buyers and professional commissioners of photography
- Is consistent with having been a professional photographer for more than 2 years
In addition we require:
- Electronic examples of your work as well as a link to your website.
- Support documentation for at least 2 of the requirements you have chosen from the list detailed within the application form (downloadable below).
All evidence should be submitted by e-mail when you submit the application form.
In summary we can provide you with:
- Business and Legal support. Referral to specialist lawyers, retained by the Association (first half hour consultation at a discounted member's rate).
- Listing in the Members Folio/Find a Photographer area of our website including images, contact details, web & email links.
- Professional Indemnity insurance cover up to £250k (*UK & EU members only)
- NUJ Press Card* (Available to AOP Photographer Members for an additional cost)
- Access to free PDF version of Beyond the Lens, the industry bible with information and advice on business and legal matters
- Access to the AOP Member Forum to share advice and ask questions of other professional photographers.
- Eligibility to enter the "AOP Photographer" member categories of the AOP Awards.
- Discounted entry to the Open categories of the AOP Awards
- Fortnightly member-only newsletter.
- Access to the AOP's Applestore with discounted up to 15% (UK residents only).
- Member Industry Discounts including up to 40%* off insurance premiums with Towergate Camerasure, hire discounts with Holborn Studios, Brunswick Studios and Brunswick Studios. 20% off printing with Genesis, 15% off Bikinilists, 20% off Pixelrights website portfolios, 10% off Capture One, 10% off at Cowling and Wilcox plus many, many more. (* terms may apply)
- Workshop and Events at discounted rates.
- AOP Photographer Members Logo
- AOP Usage Calculator
- Business Templates Forms
- Discounts on Beyond the Lens and AOP Awards Book publications.
- Free buy/sell advertisements on the AOP's website.
- Free Job Shop advertisements on the AOP's website (not to be used to advertise for freelance assistants).
- AOP Photographer members can claim an additional 10% discount off the membership fee of £80+VAT a year for Assisting Photographers working with them
For more information email us at email@example.com
Accredited Photographer members of the AOP have voting rights. This entitles you to attend our Annual General Meeting and vote on any motions regarding the AOP and/or members of the AOP's Board of Directors.
Accredited Photographer Membership (Working as a professional photographer for more than 2 years)
- £315 p/a - + VAT (UK)
- £240 p/a - no VAT (Overseas)
N.B. For any card payments please contact the office on +44(0)203 327 7207
*Please note that there is a non-refundable fee of £40 +VAT for administering applications
Comments about the AOP:
"I'm a big fan of the AOP. When I left college, all the photographers whose work I admired and aspired to were members, so joining was a no-brainer. Since then, I've benefitted in countless ways, from organising exhibitions to complex legal advice. Success in the Awards also provided a significant increase in the number and quality of my commissions. Given all the ongoing changes and developments in photography, having the support of the AOP has never been more essential" - George Logan
"The main reason for me, as an overseas member, to join the AOP was the Awards. I think its still the best Photography Award with the greatest work from the year - Its an honour to be chosen for the book and very exciting every year. Also a great opportunity to get your work seen by so many people" - Christian Schmidt