The AOP is pleased to introduce a new category of Junior Assistant membership.
Currently, to be eligible to become an AOP Assisting Photographer you must have assisted one or more professional photographers for at least a year. This new category will help bridge the gap between finishing college or entering the industry, and getting that initial year’s experience. This category provides an entry-level membership for aspiring photographers, helping you build your experience within the industry, and to make those first steps to eventually becoming an AOP Accredited Photographer.
AOP Junior Assistant is a web-based membership with all the benefits listed below.
By becoming an AOP Junior Assistant you automatically become part of a wider community of students, assistants, photographers & photographers' agents.
We believe that in order to become a successful professional photographer working for commercial clients, you must demonstrate a special level of drive, initiative, business acumen and creative skill.
Click here to email Jemma Ridyard to get access to your FREE-for-the-first-year AOP Junior Assistant Membership. Please provide your full name, email address, the University/ College and Course that you graduated from, the date you graduated and your AOP membership number.
Criteria and terms of membership:
Open to all those who are new to, or starting out on their career path to becoming a professional photographer.
By joining, you commit to a minimum term of membership of 12 months. This membership does not automatically renew.
You also commit to abide by the AOP Members' Charter, which can be found here.
Benefits of becoming an AOP Junior Assistant:
- Recognition as being a member of one of the leading and most respected associations for those working in professional photography
- Eligibility after 6 – 8 months' membership to sit the AOP Assistant’s Knowledge test. A short multiple-choice test (approx 50 mins) to be completed at the AOP HQ or participating members' premises, and to enable you to become an AOP Assisting Photographer member.
- Eligibility to enter the AOP Open Award (discounted entry)
- Access to the AOP Assistant Forum; a 24/7 Private member-to-member forum that shares advice, and provides almost immediate answers to a whole range of questions posed by and to other assisting photographers and junior assistant members.
- Exclusive Student/ Junior Assistant Membership Insurance Policy provided through Williamson Carson and underwritten by Chubb (This introductory offer is ONLY £112.00 (£100.00 + £12 tax) - Reduced from £252.00 That's a saving of £140.00); Equipment £5,000 (cover in respect of loss, damage or destruction of photographic equipment) UK only (including 45 days overseas free of charge); Public liability £1,000,000; Employers liability £10,000,000
- Weekly Member-only e-newsletters.
- Access to free PDF version of Beyond the Lens
- Workshops and events (discounted & free events)
- Discounts on AOP Photography Awards Book and Beyond the Lens publications
- AOP Usage Calculator
- Business and legal template documents and forms
- £26.25 p.a. inc VAT
No voting rights.