The AOP is pleased to introduce a new category of Junior Assistant membership.
Currently, to be eligible to become an AOP Assisting Photographer you must have assisted one or more professional photographers for at least a year. This new category will help bridge the gap between finishing college or entering the industry, and getting that year’s experience. Providing an entry-level membership for aspiring photographers, helping you build your experience within the industry, and to make those first steps to eventually becoming an AOP Photographer.
AOP Junior Assistant is a web-based membership with all the benefits listed below.
By becoming an AOP Junior Assistant you automatically become part of a wider community of students, assistants, photographers & photographers' agents.
We believe that to become a successful professional photographer working for commercial clients, you must demonstrate a special level of drive, initiative, business acumen and skill.
Click here to email Jemma Ridyard to get access to your Free for the first 12 Months AOP Junior Assistant Membership. Please provide your Full Name, Email address, the University/ College and Course that you graduated from, the date you graduated and your AOP membership number.
Open to all those who are new to, or starting out on their career path to becoming a professional photographer
Benefits of becoming an AOP Junior Assistant:
- Recognition as being part of one of the leading and most respected associations for those working in professional photography
- Eligible after 6 – 8 months membership to sit the AOP Assistant’s Knowledge test. A short multiple-choice test (50mins) to be completed at the AOP HQ or participating members, and so become an AOP Assisting Photographer member.
- Eligibility to enter the AOP Open Award (discounted entry)
- Access to the AOP Assistant Forum; a 24/7 Private Member to Member Forum that shares advice, providing almost an immediate answer to a question set to other assisting photographers and junior assistant members.
- Exclusive Student/ Junior Assistant Membership Insurance Policy through Williamson Carson and Co (TThis introductory offer is ONLY £112.00 (£100.00 + £12 tax) - Reduced from £252.00 That's a saving of £140.00); Equipment £5,000 (cover in respect of loss, damage or destruction of photographic equipment) UK only (Including 45 days overseas free of charge); Public liability £1,000,000; Employers liability £10,000,000
- Weekly Member-only e-newsletters.
- Access to free PDF version of Beyond the Lens
- Workshop and Events (discounted & free events)
- Discounts on AOP Photography Awards Book and Beyond the Lens publications
- AOP Usage Calculator
- Business Templates Forms
• £25.00 including VAT p/a
(Free to graduating AOP Student Members for the first year)
No voting rights.