The AOP is excited to introduce the new Associate membership.
The Associate membership has been created for professionals working in the photography industry as creative services providers, or photographers not yet looking for full Acredited AOP membership.
With this professional, non-accredited membership we hope to engage with and support as many connected professionals within the photography industry as possible. Associate members may be make-up artists, props stylists, model-makers, curators, CGI designers/operators, re-touchers or lighting assistants to name but a few.
Apply now to join us and become part of an organisation directly supporting you and the photography industry.
The Associate Membership is available to all professionals working in related and supporting professions, including any professional photographers not yet wishing to apply for AOP Accredited Photographer status, who would like to be a part of a trade association that provides support, advice and connectivity.
There is no barrier to entry, except that if you wish to take advantage of the inclusive £100k-worth of Professional Indemnity insurance cover, your annual turnover must be below £150,000. Anyone with an annual turnover greater than £150,000 is still welcome to join, but you will not be eligible for the PI cover.
Benefits of becoming an AOP Associate Member:
- Member-only Industry Discounts
- Exclusive Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy*
* policy underwritten by Hiscox Insurance of £100,000-worth of cover (excepting claims brought in the US and Canada)
your annual turnover must be below £150,000 to qualify for this aspect of membership
- A FREE listing in the AOP Find an Associate service
- Access to our Business & Legal advice team on a charge-per-session basis. This facility is much-used by members looking to get advice on contracts, copyright infringements, unpaid invoices and many other day-to-day real-world problems
- Member-only document and letter templates, business forms and guidance notes
- Opportunity to pay for direct-mailings to all Photographer members as well as advertorial copy in Image online and in the newsletter
- Member-only e-newsletter
- Free buy/sell advertisements on the AOP's website
- Workshop and Events (access to discounted & free events)
- AOP Usage Calculator
- Discounts on AOP's publications including Beyond the Lens and AOP Awards books
- £149.00 p/a - including VAT
- AOP Photographer members can claim a 10% discount off the membership fee for Associates they work with
- AOP Agent members can claim a 10% discount off the membership fee for Associates they work with
No voting rights.