By becoming a member of the Association of Photographers you automatically become part of a wider community of assisting photographers, photographers and photographers' agents. You will achieve recognition from your peers as well as the industry and be seen by those who commission professional photography.
Criteria and terms of membership:
AOP Assisting Photographer members need to have assisted at least two photographers for at least one year, or, be employed full-time by one photographer. References will need to be provided and once we have had confirmation from referees we will progress your application.
By joining, you commit to a minimum term of membership of 12 months. This will be renewed automatically on its anniversary unless you give one calendar month's notice to the Membership Team in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Membership will continue on a rolling basis until such time as you decide to cancel.
You also commit to abide by the AOP Members' Charter, which can be found here.
In summary we can provide you with:
- Recognition as part of The Association of Photographers and the peer group it represents.
- Business and Legal support, including referral, if needed, to our retained IP specialist law firm (first half-hour consultation at a discounted members rate)
- Inclusion in our web-based Find an Assisting Photographer search tool, which provides a presence on the AOP website as an Assistant, including contact information, web and email links.
- Access to both AOP Forums; 24/7 private member-to-member forums that share advice, providing almost immediate answers to any questions posed to our photographer and assisting photographer members.
- Eligibility to enter the Photographer categories of the AOP Awards.
- Discounted entry to the Open categories of the AOP Awards
- Exclusive 'Introductory Offer' Assisting Photographer Insurance Policy.
This policy is provided through Williamson Carson (underwritten by Chubb - this introductory offer is ONLY £112.00 (£100.00 + £12 tax) - Reduced from £252.00 That's a saving of £140.00); Equipment £7,500 (cover in respect of loss, damage or destruction of photographic equipment) UK only (Including 45 days overseas free of charge); Public liability £1,000,000; Employers liability £10,000,000
- Fortnightly member-only e-newsletters.
- Access to free PDF version of Beyond the Lens
- Workshops and events (discounted & free events)
- Access to the AOP Mentoring Scheme
- AOP members' logo
- Discounts on AOP Photography Awards Book and Beyond the Lens publications.
- AOP Usage Calculator
- Business & legal template documents and forms
- Free buy/sell advertisements on the AOP's website.
- Opportunity to be nominated to sit on the AOP Board
- Free Job Shop advertisements on the AOP's website (not to be used to advertise your own services as freelance assistants).
For more information email us at email@example.com
- £100.80 p.a. inc VAT (UK only)
- AOP Photographer members can claim a 10% discount off the membership fee for Assisting Photographers they work with
- AOP Agent members can claim a 10% discount off the membership fee for Assisting Photographers they work with
N.B. For any card payments please contact the office on +44 203 327 7207
No voting rights.