By becoming a member of the Association of Photographers you automatically become part of a wider community of assistants, photographers and photographers' agents. You will achieve recognition from your peers as well as the industry and become recognised by those who commission professional photography.
AOP Assisting Photographer members need to have assisted at least two photographers in the last year, or, be employed full-time by one photographer. References will need to be provided and once we have had confirmation from referees we will progress your application.
In summary we can provide you with:
- Recognition as part of The Association of Photographers and the peer group it represents.
- Business and Legal support, including referral to specialist lawyers, retained by the AOP (first half-hour consultation at a discounted members rate)
- Inclusion in our web-based "Find an Assisting Photographer" Search, which provides a presence on the AOP website as an Assistant, including contact information, web and email links.
- Access to both the AOP Forums; a 24/7 Private Member to Member Forums that share advice, providing almost an immediate answer to a question set to our photographer and assisting photographer members.
- Eligibility to enter the Photographer categories of the AOP Awards.
- Discounted entry to the Open categories of the AOP Awards
- Exclusive "Introductory Offer" Assisting Photographer Insurance Policy.
This policy is provided through Williamson Carson and Co (This introductory offer is ONLY £112.00 (£100.00 + £12 tax) - Reduced from £252.00 That's a saving of £140.00); Equipment £7,500 (cover in respect of loss, damage or destruction of photographic equipment) UK only (Including 45 days overseas free of charge); Public liability £1,000,000; Employers liability £10,000,000
- Fortnightly member-only e-newsletters.
- Member Industry Discounts including 8% off at the AOP AppleStore* (*UK residents only)
- Access to free PDF version of Beyond the Lens
- Workshop and Events (discounted & free events)
- Access to AOP Mentoring Scheme
- AOP Members Logo
- Discounts on AOP Photography Awards Book and Beyond the Lens publications.
- AOP Usage Calculator
- Business Templates Forms
- Free buy/sell advertisements on the AOP's website.
- Opportunity to be nominated to sit on the AOP Board
- Free Job Shop advertisements on the AOP's website (not to be used to advertise for freelance assistants).
For more information email us at email@example.com
- £80 p/a - plus VAT (UK)
- AOP Photographer members can claim an additional 10% discount off the membership fee for Assisting Photographers they work with
N.B. For any card payments please contact the office on +44(0)203 327 7207
No voting rights.