By becoming an AOP Agent member you automatically become part of a wider community of other photographers' agents, photographers, assisting photographers as well as the photographic industry as a whole.
The AOP not only looks out for the best interests of agents and photographers, we also have the knowledge and experience to help make sure our sector's best interests are protected. We speak with the combined voices of our 2,500 members and we are recognised by legislators, governments and other trade bodies as the credible, authoritative and respected professional association that promotes and protects our members and influences matters relating to photography.
As an AOP Agent member you will receive free bespoke legal and business advice as well as be invited to input and advise on AOP activities. Through the Represented Photographer Scheme your photographers will be able to enter the member-only categories of the AOP Awards as well as a wealth of services including discounts and free Professional Indemnity cover to the value of £250,000.
Additionally, as part of your AOP Agent membership, you qualify for a free in-depth comprehensive insurance review with Williamson Carson who have industry-leading experience in insuring risks in our sector at all levels. To arrange this, you will need to contact Williamson Carson directly on 0208 659 5038 once you have joined.
AOP Represented Photographers Scheme
The AOP Agent Represented Photographers Scheme is open to all agents and representatives of commercial photographers. Through the scheme the photographers you represent can become members of the Association in their own right, allowing them to take advantage of the benefits we offer, including entering the Photography categories of the AOP Awards as well as AOP Professional Indemnity insurance cover (UK & EU members only). All for a special discounted rate.
Fee: £198.00 p.a. inc VAT per photographer
- Free agent membership*
*Based on you signing up a minimum of 70% of eligible photographers in your roster and your membership is free.
- Discounted Accredited Photographer memberships for each of your photographers on the Represented Photographer scheme (£198 inc VAT instead of the standard £396 inc VAT)
- Free comprehensive insurance review with Williamson Carson - industry-sector brokers of many years experience at all levels
- Agents and representatives are eligible to join the scheme if a minimum of 70% of the photographers they represent are included
- Your photographers joining through the scheme are automatically accepted as Accredited Photographer members
- Your photographers who join through the scheme will be eligible to enter the Photography categories of the AOP Awards
- Free AOP Professional Indemnity insurance (*UK and EU only) underwritten by Hiscox for your photographers, up to the value of £250k
- Agents and representatives are able to include photographers based abroad, however, please note that our PI cover only extends to photographers based in the UK or EU
- Recognition as a member of a peer group that represents those at the top of their game.
- Free business and legal support. Referral to specialist lawyers, retained by the AOP (first half-hour consultation at a discounted members' rate).
- Invitation to be part of the exclusive audience for the AOP Awards presentation.
- A complimentary copy of the AOP Awards book.
- Free website presence within the AOP Members search list including contact information, website and email links.
- Free website presence on the Agents page including contact information, website and email links. Additionally, represented AOP photographers will have a link direct to their galleries on the AOP site.
- Monthly members only e-newsletter and blog.
- Monthly Image e-newsletter.
- Access to workshops and seminars at discounted member prices.
- Access to free PDF version of Beyond The Lens (all you need to know about the business and legal 'ins and outs' of the photography industry)
- Access to our e-mail forum; a community that shares advice and always has an immediate answer to a question.
- Various special discounts and offers from 3rd-party companies.
- Discounts: AOP Awards Book and Beyond The Lens publications.
- Free buy/sell advertisements on the AOP website.
- Free Job Shop advertisements on the AOP website
For more information or to join email us at email@example.com or call 020 7739 6669.
- £198 p.a - inc VAT per photographer in the scheme
N.B. For any card payments please contact the office on 020 3327 7207
Agent members of the AOP have voting rights. This entitles you to attend our Annual General Meeting and vote on any motions or resolutions regarding the AOP and for those members who may stand for the AOP's Board of Directors. As an Agent member you are eligible to sit on the Board.
Comments about the AOP:
"United we stand, divided we fall' was never truer than in the photography industry. The AOP works tirelessly to help the careers of individuals whilst fighting for the rights of all in our industry, including us agents! We believe in what the AOP stands for and are proud to show this by being members". - Niall Horton-Stephens
"I've been an agent member of the AOP for over 10 years now and, I must admit, they make my job just that little bit easier. The AOP present plenty of opportunities to gain exposure, network and keep you informed of the latest industry topics - all important stuff when you're an agent. The email forum, your agency website profile, Image magazine, the newsletters, job shop, the private views, the talks, the events - the AOP help you connect and stay connected." - Lisa Pritchard