By becoming a member of the Association of Photographers you automatically become part of a wider community of other photographers' agents, photographers, assisting photographers as well as the photographic industry as a whole.
The AOP not only looks out for the best interests of photographers but for their agents too. We have the knowledge and experience to help make sure photographers' best interests are protected. We speak with the combined voices of our membership and we are recognised by legislators, governments and other trade bodies as the credible, authoritative and respected professional association that promotes and protects our members and influences matters relating to photography.
AOP Represented Photographers Scheme
The AOP Agent Represented Photographers Scheme is open to all agents and representatives of commercial photographers. Through the scheme the photographers you represent can become members of the Association in their own right, allowing them to take advantage of the benefits we offer, including entering the Photography categories of the AOP Awards as well as AOP Professional Indemnity Cover (UK & EU members only). All for a special discounted rate.
Fee: £188.40 p.a. inc VAT per photographer
- "Free" agent membership*
- Discounted memberships for photographers with agents or representatives (£188.40 inc VAT instead of the standard £396 inc VAT)
- Agents and representatives are eligible to join the scheme if a minimum of 75% of the photographers they represent are included
- Photographers joining through the scheme will not have to go through the application process
- Photographers who join through the scheme will be eligible to enter the Photography categories of the AOP Awards
- The photographers in the scheme will be covered by AOP Professional Indemnity insurance (*UK and EU only)
- Agents and representatives are able to include photographers based abroad, please note that our PI cover only extends to photographers based in the UK or EU
*As long as you sign up a minimum of 75% of your photographers your membership is free. This scheme replaces the old AOP individual agent membership
If you are interested in supporting the AOP and its work including our stand on copyright we welcome your application.
To apply please contact us at email@example.com
In summary we can provide you with:
- Recognition as a member of a peer group that represents those at the top of their game.
- Business and Legal support. Referral to specialist lawyers, retained by the AOP (first half hour consultation at a discounted members rate).
- Invitation to be part of the exclusive audience for the AOP Awards presentation.
- Complimentary copy of the AOP Awards book.
- Website presence within the AOP Members search list including contact information, website and email links.
- Website presence on the Agents page including contact information, website and email links. Additionally, represented AOP photographers will have a link direct to their image folio on the AOP site.
- Monthly e-newsletter and blog.
- Professional Indemnity Cover for each of your photographers in the scheme (UK and EU only)
- Image Magazine.
- Access to workshops and seminars at member prices.
- Access to free PDF version of Beyond the Lens
- Access to our e-mail forum; a community that shares advice and always has an immediate answer to a question. In addition we provide a web forum for less urgent queries or more general discussion.
- Various special discounts and offers from 3rd party companies.
- Discounts: AOP Awards Book and Beyond the Lens publications.
- Free buy/sell advertisements on the AOP's website.
- Free Job Shop advertisements on the AOP's website (NB not to be used to advertise for freelance assistants).
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- £157 p/a - plus VAT per photographer in the scheme
N.B. For any card payments please contact the office on +44(0)203 327 7207
Agent members of the AOP have voting rights. This entitles you to attend our Annual General Meeting and vote on any motions or resolutions regarding the AOP and for those members who may stand for the AOP's Board of Directors. As an Agent member you are eligible to sit on the Board.
Comments about the AOP:
"United we stand, divided we fall' was never truer than in the photography industry. The AOP works tirelessly to help the careers of individuals whilst fighting for the rights of all in our industry, including us agents! We believe in what the AOP stands for and are proud to show this by being members". - Niall Horton-Stephens
"I've been an agent member of the AOP for over 10 years now and, I must admit, they make my job just that little bit easier. The AOP present plenty of opportunities to gain exposure, network and keep you informed of the latest industry topics - all important stuff when you're an agent. The email forum, your agency website profile, Image magazine, the newsletters, job shop, the private views, the talks, the events - the AOP help you connect and stay connected." - Lisa Pritchard