The Association of Photographers is one of the most prestigious professional photography associations in the world. We have a number of different categories of membership to suit you:
Reasons To Join
Raise Your Profile
Become recognised by those that commission photography. Achieve recognition from your peers. Achieve recognition from the industry. Associate with those who share your values and be seen as part of that community.
The Association of Photographers has the knowledge and experience to make sure your best interests are protected.
Who We Are
The Association of Photographers Limited is a not-for-profit professional trade association, founded in 1968. Our aims are to promote and protect the worth and standing of our members, to vigorously defend, educate and lobby for the interests and rights of all photographers.
What We Do
Whilst we provide direct benefit to individual members, collectively members benefit from association with each other and, through us, can project a voice and reputation that carries far above any individual.
- AOP Photography Awards: a highly respected Awards competition including the Photographers category open to AOP members only and the Open Awards, open to members and non-members alike, professional or amateur.
- Exhibitions: The AOP Awards goes on tour to selected venues across the country as well as a week in central London.
- Image Magazine: Each issue is brimming with brilliant photographic journalism interviews, images, essential industry news, great offers and much more! See the Image section of the website for more details and to download for free.
- Online Gallery: We show members work in our themed on-line Gallery.
- Member Advisory & Legal Service: We provide help, guidance and up-to-date business and legal information regarding issues with contracts, copyright and usage. Additionally, we provide business templates and standard documentation.
- Education: We produce and publish 'Beyond The Lens', a highly acclaimed book that is used throughout the industry by professionals which covers many aspects of the professional and legal areas of the professional photography business. It is part of the syllabus of all our affiliated college/university courses. We organise educational events, workshops, seminars and portfolio critiques throughout the UK at all levels of membership.
- Lobbying: Over many years the AOP has campaigned hard to protect members' rights. We provide the combined voices of many and are recognised by legislators, governments and other trade bodies as a credible, authoritative and respected professional body.
If you have any queries regarding membership please email email@example.com