USAGE CALCULATOR UPDATE: Available as a standalone app on a smart device.
29 July 2019
Did you know the usage calculator can be used as a standalone app on a smart device, with no internet connection? Follow the guidance below on how to set it up.
1. On an Apple device, visit the usage calc’s ‘home' URL on your smart device which is http://calc.the-aop.org
• Once the site is loaded, choose the 'Send To' (or ’Share’) icon at the bottom (the icon that looks like an arrow trying to get away from a square).
• In that window, choose "Add to Home Screen" (should be 6th item on bottom row).
• On the confirmation screen that appears, choose “Add”.
• The icon will now appear with all your other apps.
• The usage calc will now work as an app, even if you're off-line.
2. On an Android device, using Chrome preferably, visit the usage calc’s ‘home' URL on your smart device (http://calc.the-aop.org).
• Tap the menu button and choose "Add to home screen”.
• Enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.
• The icon will appear on your home screen like any other app shortcut or widget, so you can drag it around and re-position it anywhere.