© Phil Fisk and Antosh Sergiew
Join us for an evening panel discussion talking about everything you need to know about Portfolios from MPrint, Delta Design & Lisa Pritchard Agency. There will a chance to get hands on with some portfolios after the discussion.
What you can expect:
- An overview of how to produce a portfolio that has maximum visual impact and gets you work.
- You’ll see how we all work in an integrated way to take the stress out of putting your portfolio together so you can concentrate on making the best creative decisions.
- A Q&A session at the end.
© Theo Cohen
Information to take away:
- Why a printed portfolio is an essential tool for a commercial photographer.
- What makes a great portfolio and how it will help you stand out from the crowd.
- How to get started; what the process looks like; what options are available to you; what decisions you will need to make.
- What not to do.
- An insight into industry standards and the expectations of people you will be presenting your work to.
Understanding the benefits of working with a small team of people who you can have a personal relationship with.
© Simon Webb and Richard Allen
MPrint was formed 6 years ago by professional photographers Matt Wreford and Marc Schlossman who found their niche printing portfolios and specialising in double sided printing. As a small outfit, it is their hands on, highly personal approach alongside their attention to detail and quality which has led to their continued growth and success. Marc’s background in darkroom printing and Matt’s complementary career as a retoucher informs their approach and comprehensive knowledge of what it takes to achieve great prints.
Cathy Robert – Delta Design
Cathy Robert set up Delta Design 35 years ago as a bookbinder and developed a niche making photographic portfolios and presentation boxes. She quickly became a specialist in this field working with agents and photographers to gain an understanding of the necessity of the role of photography portfolio in presenting work. Continuing to expand that knowledge over the years Cathy is now renowned in the photographic industry to be at the forefront of producing high quality, bespoke, personalised portfolios.
Lisa Pritchard is one of the UK’s leading photographers agents and has been working with and advising photographers for more than two decades.
Setting up her own agency, LPA, in 2002, Lisa represents both established and emerging photographers and produces photoshoots for creative agencies and brands directly. She also offers Portfolio Reviews and a Pop Up Agent service to photographers without agents.
Lisa has a keen interest in supporting and nurturing aspiring talent through her programme LPA Futures, which has launched the careers of many advertising photographers. She is also author of two best-selling books on the business side of photography, “Setting Up a Successful Photography Business” and “Running a Successful Photography Business’.
Non-Member Tickets £25
Member Tickets £15